St Wilfrid’s is the Church of England Parish Church in Bognor Regis. It is part of the Diocese of Chichester in the Deanery of Arundel and Bognor and located on the corner of Victoria Drive and Ellasdale Road, Bognor Regis.
Please note in view of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) all Public Acts of worship have had to be suspended see here for further information.
St. Wilfrid’s Church has been the Parish Church of Bognor Regis since 25th May 1971 when the mother church of St. John’s in London Road was closed and subsequently demolished in 1973. St. Wilfrid’s church was dedicated on 23rd April 1910. It is sited at the junction of Victoria drive and Ellasdale Road, roughly the geographical centre of the Parish and can seat around 200 in the present setup. There is a large Parish hall attached via a communal entrance, with a well-equipped kitchen, which is well used by various community groups.
The new Incumbent is the Revd Joel Mennie and he is supported by two retired clergy (Fr. Ray Whelan, and Fr Mark Everitt) and the Churchwardens are Elaine Green and Malcolm Vernone.
To expand the church family through outreach and making a variety of worship, both tradition and new form, available to the present congregation, the people of Bognor and students of the town campus of the University of Chichester. In that respect St. Wilfrid’s has now formed an Apostolic Partnership with St. Peter’s, Brighton and the H.T.B organisation and this is taking most of Revd Joel’s time away from the Parish for at least 9mths of 2020.