St Wilfrid Centenary Celebrations 2010

St. Wilfrid’s Church  was dedicated on 23rd April 1910 and built as a daughter church to St. John’s church, London Road to meet the growing needs in the west of the town.
The original design by the architect George Fellowes Prynne was  for a much larger 900 seat church, but three of the five bays, the bell tower and baptistery were never completed.
St. Wilfrid’s became the Parish Church on 25th of May 1971 when St. John’s Church was closed.

All the events held in the Centenary Year were shown on our old church website and these will be gradually uploaded to this new website.

Feast of Dedication Service, 23rd April 2010

Dedication Service Book